วันเสาร์ที่ 14 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2550

My first full day in Thailand

And what better to do than go to the beach? I'm staying in Krabi, which is on the mainland since when I got here from Kuala Lumpur there were no more boats to the islands. I decided to stay here a bit longer though and just take some daytrips to different islands nearby.

Today I actually had trouble waking up at 6:30, it was really nice to have had my own room and bed and all and I took advantage by sleeping a lot. I dropped off my laundry at the front desk and they took care of it for $2. I like clean clothes. Then I headed down to the pier where a guy asked if I was going to Rai Lay, which I was, and told me to wait somewhere until more people showed up and we'd leave. There was a couple already waiting that had been there for 15 minutes and didn't really want to wait forever, so they got the guy to let us go if we paid him $25. We got on the little longtail boat and it was about half an hour to get there, then he just ran it ashore and we jumped off into the water and onto the beach.

It was soooo hot there, and there was no breeze at all. I walked across the island to the main beach and sat in the shade there for a while. There were some really cool cliffs around, and this island was the main one for rock climbing. I was really hot just sitting in the shade, so I don't know how anyone could do anything like that there. Then I walked back to past where the boat dropped me off and saw some signs for a restaurant and bar which I needed to get to. It was a ways uphill, and by the time I got up there if it hadn't been open I might have passed out. Luckily it was and I had a coke and sat by the edge looking out where there was a little more breeze. That's basically how I spent my afternoon, since the boat didn't go back until 5:00 and it was too hot to move unless you had an air conditioned hotel room to go back to.

I left after several hours and went back down to the pier hoping a boat would leave early. It was low tide, and I watched all the people coming to stay on the island hoist their suitcases above their heads, jump out of the boats, and trudge through the shallow water and soggy sand. My boat finally left at 4:40 which was good because there was some thunder and the sky was just one big dark cloud. We got back and I went straight to my hotel to have a fantastic cold shower. Then I went down to the night market to try to get some dinner, but apparently I did a bad job since I wasn't able to get the cashew chicken I wanted. I did however manage to acquire a coconut roti, so all was not lost. I then came to the nice cafe near my hotel with the internet and a movie on too, and this is where it all ends. It's 8:34, and as soon as I leave here I'm getting ready for bed and enjoying my double bed once more.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: