วันเสาร์ที่ 28 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2550

Leaving Ko Tao

Yesterday the receptionist at the resort I stayed at told me I had to leave my room the next day because it was booked. She said she could help me find somewhere else to stay nearby if I wanted to do another diving class. I was sort of planning on taking the next class, so this morning I packed up my stuff and went to see her. She said the place next door and the one next to that had free rooms, so I walked over and checked the prices. One was the same price as where I'd been staying, so I got that room. I put my stuff in it, then left and had breakfast and hung around for a while. I came back to the room later and started looking around for a plug so that I could charge my cell phone. I couldn't see any, so I went to look behind the bed. I moved the pillow out of the way, but instead of finding an outlet, I found a mouse. I screamed and dropped the pillow back and left the room. I was really not impressed, I can live with some ants, and lizards are cool, but I didn't like the thought of that mouse in my bed. I decided to take a picture of it though, so I went to check if it was still behind the pillow. It was, but me trying to take a picture scared it, so it jumped in the air and ran around the room before heading into the bathroom. I screamed again, but this time didn't try to go look for the mouse. I'm not sure if there was a way out from the bathroom, or if it's still there. In any case, the evidence behind the pillow suggests I invaded the mouse's house, and I didn't like the thought that it had been there for a while and no one at the hotel had noticed, so I decided to move on. I got all my stuff, and went to a travel place and booked a catamaran ride to Ko Phangan and here I am now. It was pretty rainy today, so the catamaran ride over here was pretty exciting if you like being hurled in the air and slamming back down on the water. They handed out barf bags, and I either heard people using them or coughing, I don't really want to know which. Stupidly just before leaving I took my anit-malaria pill thinking I had eaten recently but hadn't, so I was queasy before even getting on the catamaran. Fortunately I felt better on the water and didn't need my own barf bag.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: