วันเสาร์ที่ 16 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2550

I am now on Vietnam's No Fly list

I flew from Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur the other day, my first flight since getting into Singapore and I've acquired a lot of stuff since then. I had to repack things at the airport so that I only checked 15 kg even though everything else still went with me on the plane, I just had to take it as carry-on. I remembered to take the nail scissors I had in my purse out and put them into my checked bag, something I've forgotten to do many times before. After everything was rearranged (I think I had about 15 kilos in my carry-on bag) I went through security. They made me open my backpack and take out the knives. I had no idea what they were talking about at first, but then I rememberd I'd put a little bag of heavy things from my big backpack into my carry-on backpack which included a padlock, playing cards, batteries, and 2 sharp knives. I felt really dumb when the girl tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to have those on the plane, I tried to explain that it was an accident but either she didn't understand or just didn't believe me. I threw the knives out, then she said I had to give her the fork too. Luckily I was allowed to keep my spoon. Then she took my passport and wrote down the number in a book. Good thing I don't really want to go back to Vietnam, because probably I wouldn't be allowed in. A while later I got on the plane which was full of Vietnamese people going to Malaysia for jobs and who I'm sure had never been on a plane before. They kept trying to get up and go to the bathroom while the plane was taking off, and when the plane was landing they all covered their ears with their hands and leaned forward as if the plane was crashing. The flight attendants kept yelling at them, so it was at least an entertaining flight.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

Unknown กล่าวว่า...

Hi Aislyn - so nice to see some more updates to your wonderful blog!
Wow --- the airline industry in Vietnam , very interesting to say the least ! ( and security is working , which is a "good thing")
and wait til you get back to Canada, today Jun18th is the start of our "No Fly List " ,,,,,,

Love Patsy