วันเสาร์ที่ 23 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2550

Achy Breaky Heart, Balinese Style

There are no white people in Indonesia. Actually, that's a lie. I saw 3. In a week. I can understand that North Sumatra isn't a huge tourist destination, but I expected to at least see a few white people in Jakarta. Walking around the big mall next to the hotel, people stared the whole time, and some guy outside even waved at me. Sometimes I just stare back because frankly I get a little tired of being stared at all day, but then the person will say something friendly to me so I feel bad. In Bali however there are plenty of tourists, as expected. There is also a Starbucks and a Krispy Kreme so I'm happy. Yesterday night at an Irish pub there was a Balinese cover band taking requests from their song list they handed out. I requested Achy Breaky Heart, since how often do you get to hear bad country music in an Irish pub in Indonesia?

2 ความคิดเห็น:

Margaret กล่าวว่า...
ความคิดเห็นนี้ถูกผู้เขียนลบ
Margaret กล่าวว่า...

I love Achy Breaky Heart!!!!!