วันเสาร์ที่ 19 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2550

Angkor Wat Pictures

The first day I spent in Siem Reap, the city near Angkor Wat (which is just one of the many temples in the area), I didn't do much because I was tired out from spending the whole previous day traveling. In the evening I went for dinner and sat next to some people that I started talking to. They had just arrived and had a tour guide and driver booked for the next 3 days and said I was welcome to come along with them, so I took them up on the offer instead of having to do any work to find my own tour guide or just visiting the temples on my own without knowing what I was looking at. The next morning we went and saw a few of the not so interesting temples, but in the evening we went back and went to a really cool one that had been taken over by the jungle and was used in the movie Tomb Raider. The next morning I got up at 4:45 so we could go to Angkor Wat itself to see the sunrise, but it was raining pretty heavily and there was no sun to see rise. It started pouring so we left and came back later and saw a few more not so interesting temples, then went to one that had a nice view of the sunset. It was pretty sunny in the afternoon, but there were low clouds and therefore no sunset to see either. After 2 days I was totally templed out so I left the next day for Phnom Penh. I took tons of pictures and right now don't know which place is which, but here is a selection of some of the nicer pictures:


Robin, Mike and I in front of the gate around the first temple we visited
Buddha inside the temple
Part of the same temple

At the temple where Tomb Raider was filmed inside a giant tree growing around the temple


A tree growing over another tree on top of the temple



The first monkeys I saw were around the temples. This one was inside and is holding a frog.




Day 2 at Angkor Wat




Angkor Wat





"Sunset" at the last temple of day 2

2 ความคิดเห็น:

Unknown กล่าวว่า...
ความคิดเห็นนี้ถูกผู้เขียนลบ
Unknown กล่าวว่า...

WOW - awesome pics even if it
was overcast ,,,,,,
too bad you didn't find Harrison Ford in the temple!!

love ya muchly
Patsy